Perfect Date Night Accessories
I have so much fun pairing jewelry with my outfits and watching celebrities, and other jewelry bloggers do the same. However, some of us less jewelry obsessed people find ourselves wearing the same pair of diamond studs every single day, even for special occasions like a date night. For those of you that just love jewelry and the rest of you who need some extra jewelry inspiration and styling tips, I’ve got just that for you.
One thing you’ll notice in my inspiration boards is that the clothing paired with the jewelry is not designer or extremely expensive. It is very similar to my wardrobe. It is my belief that your shoes or sweater should not cost more than the jewelry you are wearing.
Jewelry is a staple that can enhance looks for many years, whereas fashion evolves, fades, pills, and does not withstand the test of time. If you’re going to invest in a wardrobe staple, make it a statement piece of jewelry you can wear hundreds of times.
Click through to browse and shop all my date night jewelry/outfit pairings.
Classic and Hidden Details
I kept this look as simple and elegant as the dress with a small pendant necklace and slightly larger stud earrings. One thing I love about jewelry is hidden details. If you look closely at the heart-shaped necklace, it has little devil horns, and a devil tail, which who doesn’t like to be a little devilish on date night?
- Emporio Armani Swiss Made Analog Display Swiss Quartz Gold Watch, Amazon.com
- 14k Yellow Gold and Created Gemstone Heart Devil Pendant Necklace with Diamond Accent, Amazon.com
- ABS By Allen Schwartz “Pastels” Pastels Stone Stud Earrings, Amazon.com
- Whistles Drew Pinstripe Bodycon Dress, John Lewis
Labradorite and Thin Arch Hoops
Labradorite is such a trendy stone right now, but it is so beautiful that I don’t ever see it going out of style. I love this chunky citrine and labradorite necklace. The bright yellow of the tunic only works to enhance the colors in the gems more. With a statement necklace this special, it’s best to keep the rest of the jewelry simple. I kept the look edgy and modern with a thin pair of arched hoops and a black leather watch.
- Nava Zahavi Aqua and Citrine Drops Labradorite and Cognac Quartz Necklace, Amazon.com
- Lana 14k Small Arch Hoop Earrings, Bergdorf Goodman
- Nixon Bullet Leather Analog Display Japanese Quartz Black Watch, Amazon.com
- Doublju Women Sleeveless Round Neck Unbalanced Hem line Tunic Top, Amazon.com
- Acediscoball Women’s Mermaid Fish Scales Printed Skinny Stretch Legging Pants, Amazon.com
Michael Kors Jewelry
I might not invest in designer clothing, but I will certainly invest in a quality set of designer jewelry. Michael Kors has some sharp looking pieces in his jewelry collection that you might think were fine jewelry on first glance. I love the combination of the rose gold tone with grey faceted jewelry. Also, it’s a misconception that you can’t wear necklaces with a high neckline. For turtlenecks, I like to keep the necklace choker length with a simple pendant or no pendant at all.
You don’t want too much of a drop. The earrings make more of a statement and are made to be paired with the necklace. Wear your hair off your face to get the most of this jewelry look.
- Michael Kors Parisian Jewels Rose Gold-Tone Grey Stone Pendant Necklace, Amazon.com
- Michael Kors Grey Parisian Jewels Rose Gold-Tone Drop Earrings, Amazon.com
- BIADANI Women Long Sleeve Turtleneck/V-Neck/Crewneck Pullover Sweaters, Amazon.com
- Women’s Asymmetrical Banded Waist Wrap Cut Out Hi-Low Skirt, LE3NO
Betsey Johnson Leopard Necklace and Bangle
This dress is so cute and affordable and comes in many colors. The deep plum enhances the playful leopard necklace from Betsey Johnson, which is very Cartier inspired. Since this necklace is over the top, you can wear a simple pair of everyday diamond stud earrings. I’ve included a sweet, thin cuff from Loren Stewart to add a little more whimsy to this look.
- Betsey Johnson “Keeping Up with The Critters” Pave Leopard and Faceted Stone Hinged Collar Necklace, Amazon.com
- Loren Stewart Overlap Cuff, Barneys