Table of Contents:
- Tips for Buying Rings for Women
- Incredible Gift Ideas – Sterling Silver Rings
- Diamond Engagement Rings
- How to Choose a Gemstone Ring
- The different ring types
Tips for Buying Rings for Women
If you were to think about it, becoming a fashion plate starts before you’re even born. Your parents, who are in charge of your well-being, will naturally be the ones to buy your clothes and accessories. Believe it or not, they’re already making a fashion statement with you even while you’re still in your mommy’s tummy. They are already deciding on how to dress you up even though you haven’t come out yet.
As you grow older, you learn from your parents’ fashion sensibilities and learn how to dress yourself up as well (or not). But with the help of fashion magazines and well-intentioned friends you can still come up with great wardrobe combinations and pick up great accessories to match. Here are a few tips if you’re thinking of buying rings to match your clothes.
Consider your budget
Before you can even look around for rings in stores or on the Internet, you need to establish a budget for buying. This will immediately create a short-list of rings that you’re able to buy. For instance, you may have your eyes on a diamond ring but you’re short on cash. You may have to settle for a diamond of a lesser quality or choose a ring of a different material altogether. Having a budget in mind allows you also to be more flexible with what you can actually buy and even open a whole new range of options that you may not have considered.
Rapper Gucci Mane knows a thing or two about buying rings to match
Consider the occasion or event
When buying rings, it helps to think about where you’re going to wear it. Some rings are made for formal affairs while others are perfect for casual settings. For instance, classic pieces, in gold, silver or diamonds are perfect for formal events especially when paired with evening gowns or cocktail dresses. However, you can’t wear these same rings when going to parties and clubs where you’re in danger of losing them because of the hectic activity and the number of people you’re going to bump into. Casual rings like fashion jewelry may be better suited for that kind of setting.
Consider your wardrobe pieces
If you’re opting to buy rings to pair with your clothes, it’s only prudent that you evaluate your wardrobe pieces prior to looking around for rings to buy. If your wardrobe has more casual pieces, take into account their colors and fabric so you can at least choose your rings with the right hues to match them. You may want to consider silver or gold rings even for casual attire. They’re not so expensive and there are a number of brilliant designs and they last a long time compared to fashion jewelry. Their value also appreciates in time and you won’t have a hard time maintaining them.
Consider your source
Nowadays, there are many ways to search for and buy your rings. You may opt to go to a physical store or a jeweler where you can actually try the rings on and you can immediately see how they look on your hand. You may also check out a few rings from online stores because you can also find a few unique pieces from artists online.
Incredible Gift Ideas – Sterling Silver Rings
Sterling Silver Rings are the personification of elegance, both for men as well as women because they are subtle yet classy. These incredible pieces of jewelry are also the perfect way for you to make an investment in silver, a metal that is set to appreciate much more than gold. So, whether you want to use it to adorn your own fingers or gift it to someone else, sterling silver rings make one of the best purchases in silver.
Silver anniversary rings:
An anniversary ring is a ring that commemorates an anniversary. Anniversaries, no doubt, mark important milestones in your relationship with your beloved. Therefore, it is only natural that partners wear simple silver or gold bands to denote the importance of the occasion. While gold bands generally denote weddings, sterling silver rings are for engagements. The best engagement rings are embellished with stones.
Silver rings with birthstones:
These days, many people are into the trend of wearing birthstones. Some wear it because they believe in its mystical powers while others have an affinity towards these stones. Rings with birthstones make wonderful gifts because they add a touch of uniqueness to the gift. These days, several designs are available for these rings. Fortunately, many stones look stunning when they are encased in silver and studded with other stones.
Trendy Sterling Silver Rings:
Sterling silver rings are worn by many as fashion statements in their own right. Thus, it is common to see several fashionable designs in silver. Rings may have stones encrusted in such a way as to resemble the petals of a flower. Some rings may even have tiny diamonds placed in a roseate design. Some of the most popular sterling silver rings are pearl rings. Some of the most stylish rings are made of pure silver and are wrought into the most beautiful shapes. Many of the trendy silver rings available these days are designer inspired and therefore guaranteed to steal your breath. They are simple enough to be worn everyday yet beautiful enough to catch anybody’s attention.
Thus, it is plain to see why sterling silver rings are so popular and why these are considered as some of the best gifts. So, the next time you’re scratching your head wondering what to gift your beloved, take a look at some of the best sterling silver rings and present her with one. She will be pleased.
Diamond Engagement Rings
When someone gets a diamond ring, they want to tell everyone about it. A diamond ring is a sort of ring that makes everyone else jealous because it is so precious.
The engagement ring is a symbol of emotions such as love, commitment, eternity, honor, loyalty and promise to one another. This gift is an inherently conditional place to begin your healthy marriage and strengthen your relationship. Nothing can better express your love for each other than a diamond ring. This will symbolize your love, relationship and commitment from the beginning.
More importantly, if you find the perfect diamond ring for your beautiful wife, she will surely love you forever. You can observe the accessories, jewelry, and clothes that she uses every day. In addition, you should check if she is allergic to certain metals. If you’re still unsure, buy a diamond ring that is combined with her favorite jewelry such as bracelets, earrings, pendants, necklaces, etc. Also, be sure to find out the size of her left ring finger before buying a diamond ring.
In addition, the combination of colors also plays an important role in the selection of an engagement ring. You can choose different colors of diamonds as you buy platinum diamond rings. You can select from red, blue, yellow, green, purple, etc. The most popular are yellow gold, white gold and silver. Again, the diamonds are cut into various shapes such as round, pear, heart and square. The round shape reflects almost all light that enters it. It shines more than other forms. So when you buy a diamond ring, you must keep these 4Cs in mind since these factors affect the final purchase.
All these vintage diamond rings have beautiful designs. There are also bright and clear diamonds available on the market. You will find a wide variety of diamond sizes like the heart shape, princess cut, radiant, oval, pear, emerald, and marquise cuts. All these cuts are very popular and can make the occasion very special for you and your wife.
How to Choose a Gemstone Ring
A gemstone ring makes a beautiful gift or a wedding ring. Gemstones come in all the colors of the rainbow, and gemstone rings can be worn in all special occasions. In astrology, gemstones are also associated with specific astrological signs or birth months, and in many ancient cultures, gems were believed to have healing powers.
What are Gemstones?
Gemstones are mainly minerals, and are known as semi-precious or precious stones. The stones are cut and polished before use in jewelry making. Most are hard minerals, but some rocks, such as the lapis lazuli, and some other materials, such as amber, are also called gemstones. Diamonds are the best-known gemstones, but there are dozens of gems in different colors and with different qualities.
Gemstones have been traditionally divided into precious and semi-precious. Precious gemstones include diamonds, rubies, emeralds and sapphires, and most other stones are classified as semi-precious. A precious stone has traditionally meant a stone that is rare and of high quality. A good quality precious stone is hard (8 to 10 on the Mohs scale, the scale that is used to grade the hardness of gems) and translucent, and has a fine color (except in the case of white, colorless diamonds). However, today the divisions are more blurred and the distinction to precious and semi-precious stones does not necessarily mean that precious varieties are more valuable or more expensive than the rest.
Hardness, translucency and color are also the qualities that are used to classify the so-called semi-precious stones. Gemstones are divided into different groups, varieties and species: for example, the conundrums include rubies and sapphires, and the mineral beryl comes in several varieties including aquamarine and emerald.
The Meaning of Gemstones
Colorful gemstones are popular in rings, pendants, earrings, bracelets and other jewelry, and are used by both men and women. They can be worn simply for their attractive color and shine, but all gemstones also have symbolical meanings and have been traditionally believed to have specific qualities.
Many ancient cultures have used gemstones for protection, or to heal or guard against illnesses. The ancient Egyptians, the Greek and the Romans all used a variety of gemstones that were associated with special properties. Many gems have been believed to have healing powers or qualities that can be associated with certain events in life, including marriage.
In astrology, certain gemstones are also associated with certain months and certain astrological signs, and a piece of jewelry made with the birthstone of a specific month can be a perfect present for someone born in that month. For instance, aquamarine is the birthstone for March, but it also has other qualities: ancient Greeks used aquamarines as love charms, and sailors, for safety and for protection from seasickness, have used this gem as well.
Gemstones for Wedding Rings
Some gemstones have qualities that make them perfect for gemstone engagement rings or wedding rings. The blue or blue-green aquamarines are believed to help a marriage to succeed and flourish. For a bride-to-be, an aquamarine ring promises happy marriage and is said to bring wealth and joy. Blue topaz represents love and fidelity and is another good choice for wedding rings. Certain gemstones have also traditionally been given as presents on specific wedding anniversaries and blue topaz can be given on the 4th, the 19th or the 23rd wedding anniversary.
Many gemstones have always been associated with love, and these make excellent choices for wedding rings. Rose quartz, amethyst, pink tourmaline, moonstone, sapphire, agate, topaz and many others have traditionally been seen as “love stones”. Red rubies and any red or pink gems are often used in wedding rings. Some of the blue gemstones, such as aquamarine or blue topaz, can look beautiful in silver gemstone rings. A red ruby is a symbol of love, passion and desire, and it is often used in gold gemstone rings.
Semi-precious gemstones can also be combined with diamonds in a multi gemstone ring. For example a blue topaz and diamond silver ring is a unique and beautiful choice for a woman who likes something more personal than the typical combination of diamonds and gold. White gold is also often used in gemstone rings and matches some of the pale colored gems very well.
Gemstones are also used today in gemstone therapy for their believed healing properties. Wearing a specific stone or a combination of gems in a piece of jewelry is believed to heal, to protect or to encourage certain qualities in a person. For example, the purple colored amethyst has been associated with love, courage, healing, peace, happiness and spiritual uplifting. When choosing a gemstone ring for a birthday present, try to find a ring with the person’s birthstone or birthstones. Most Zodiac signs are associated with more than one gemstone, so you can always find an attractive color for each occasion.
The different ring types
Rings of every style and design have a time honored tradition of beauty, grace, and elegance. This kind of jewelry is suitable for almost any occasion, and is a wonderful way to celebrate the joy and splendor of life. The type of ring that’s best for you will be determined by a couple of different factors. Most notable is of course the aesthetic look of the piece. Cost is always a concern as well. Luckily, there are numerous style of ring available, and one will always fit your budget. Finally, you must be comfortable with the feel of the ring.
Rings tend to be denoted by their centerpiece and their material. Feel free to browse the available rings by their gemstone, band material, or style. The most popular categories can be seen below, along with a brief description about what makes each so special.
- Diamond rings are best known to be used for weddings, engagements, or anniversaries. Diamonds cannot be beaten when it comes to brilliance and glamor.
- Ruby rings are a symbol of good fortune and happy tidings. The deep red tones of a ruby brings out the best in whatever precious metal band is lucky enough to hold it.
- Emerald rings are an excellent display of vivid green colors. Flawless emeralds are amongst the most highly sought after gems in all of existence due to their mesmerizing beauty.
- Sapphire rings are magnificent exhibitions of splendor and sumptuousness. Sapphire can come in shades other than its usual vibrant blue.
- Cubic Zirconia rings are a great choice if you want the look and feel of diamond but have a tighter budget. These stones look absolutely incredible in any ring.
- Tanzanite rings are rare and exceptional. From dark azure to lavender colored, tanzanite never ceases to amaze with it’s gorgeous clarity and class.
- Amethyst rings are known for their lush violet colors. These rings have been adored since ancient Egyptian times and are symbolic of health and happiness.
- Moissanite rings are another popular substitute for diamonds due to their colorless brilliance and natural beauty. They are always dignified, refined, and exquisite.
- Aquamarine rings are famous for their delightful light blue tones. They match the natural wonder of the color of the sky on a perfect day, expressing a carefree beauty that few other rings can match.
- Peridot rings are olive green delights that never fail to capture the imagination with their sublime allure. They are noted for having minor inclusions that increase their splendor.
- Garnet rings are usually noted for their deep red tones and natural grace. However, other colors are available that are equally amazing in their elegance.
- Blue topaz rings are the most popular variety for topaz gemstones. Naturally occurring blue topaz is an exceptional rarity that only increases its value and desirability.
- Citrine rings are known for their vivacious yellow tones. The combination of citrine and a precious metal creates a jewelry piece both beautiful and charming.
- Gold rings are a time honored tradition in class and style. These come in many varieties, including white gold and rose gold and look incredible whether alone or with a gemstone.
- Silver rings are well established as elegant pieces of jewelry. Sterling silver is most commonly used for this kind of jewelry, although other alloys are available.
- Tungsten rings are new to the scene of jewelry, but welcome nevertheless. Tungsten is nearly indestructible and is considered the toughest material in jewelry.
- Titanium rings are another modern choice. Titanium is known for the look of burnished metal. Incredibly light and strong, these rings are both beautiful and dependable.
- Pearl rings are a stylish alternative to gemstone jewelry. Pearls have been luxurious expressions of beauty for hundreds if not thousands of years, and are valued across the globe.
- Opal rings are famous for their vivid and playful tones. Opal has been symbolic of luck and good fortune since the Medieval ages because of the many colors contained within.
- Onyx rings are dark and beautiful due to the obsidian allure of the striking centerpiece. Black onyx is most typically used, although other varieties of onyx are sometimes seen.
- Amber rings are famous for their radiant organic beauty and natural allure. They capture a wild beauty uniquely different from gemstone jewelry, for which they have been cherished across the world.
Whether as a gift to someone you care deeply for or a present to yourself, a ring is always a tasteful and respected way to celebrate life and its many joys.