Top-Rated Bracelets Reviews
Of all the jewelry available, bracelets are perhaps the most flexible and easiest jewelry pieces. This is perhaps because it is adjustable to wrist size and requires no piercing for contributing to style and charm to any apparel. The term ‘bracelet’ is derived from ‘bracheum’, a Latin word that denotes ‘arm’.
Since ancient times dating back to Sumerian and Egyptian eras, women have embellished their arms with different types of bracelets made up of diverse materials. They used to wear bracelets to display their prosperity and opulence, or to commemorate the religious implications associated with them. Interestingly, bracelets are worn for more or less the same reasons, even today!
Today, the only difference is that the range of variety has extended widely to include even the funky and modern fashion pieces. For example, you can easily locate love bracelets, charm bracelets, beaded bracelets, leather bracelets, best friend bracelets, ankle bracelets, and custom-made bracelets.
Choosing the Right Bracelet: Overview
The jewelry market is full of bracelets varieties. However, a customer like you will always choose as per budget, outfit, and event. Buying a bracelet that you can wear for several years can be challenging. Usually, it suffices to have a bracelet that fits well, matches with your outfit and lifestyle and appears great. So, how do select the bracelet that is simply the best? Well, for that, you need to keep in mind that a bracelet chosen by your friend need not be the best for you. This is because each of us has a distinct budget and outfit based on which we are looking for the most suitable design.
Choosing the Right Bracelet: Identifying the Wrist Size
The very first factor for you to consider is the size of the wrist. Buying a bracelet without knowing the wrist size can give you either too tight or too loose fit. Therefore, it is best to buy the bracelet of the right size that is equivalent to the wrist’s size.
To measure the size of your wrist, take a measuring tape and wrap it around the target wrist. Ensure that you note down the size at a point where both the ends of tape meet. You can now subtract or add inches or centimeters as per your preference such as exact, tighter, or looser.
For those having long and slender wrists, it is recommended to choose a chunky bracelet or bangle bracelet, as such a piece is likely to highlight it. In case of bigger, boned wrist, a wrap bracelet or wired bracelet is likely to make it look slimmer.
The standard bracelet length available for women is 7 inches. The same is applicable to women’s bangle bracelets that have a 2.5-inch diameter. However, you can even find shorter and longer bracelets available in plenty, both online and offline. A well-fitting bracelet typically shall drape down the wrist without getting in the way or gliding on the hand. Irrespective of the style, you will surely find a well-fitting bracelet/bangle, as per your wrist size.
Choosing the Right Bracelet: Identifying the Skin Tone
The right metal or gemstone is likely to compliment your skin tone. Therefore, it is vital to know the skin tone, the procedure of which is simple. On the wrist, just look at a place where veins are seen and their color can help you determine the tone. If the veins are in bluish, rose red, or pink tone, the skin tone is cool. A warm tone shall have green and yellowish golden-apricot tones. The tone is neutral if the color of the veins is a yellow, olive, or pink undertone.
Choosing the Right Bracelet: Identifying the Right Bracelet Type
Surprisingly, choosing the type or style is usually the last step in choosing the best bracelet. This is because you first need to know the skin tone, wrist size, and even the jewelry preferences. If the receiver does not like what you have chosen, it is obviously not worth to give it to her. When it is the turn to consider bracelet type or style, there are many varieties to check out, varying in terms of style and material. Let’s check them out briefly now!
- Bangle Bracelets: Are most conventional as well as the most popular. Worn in multiples, these pieces have a robust circular frame. They are available in two types: fine and fashion. Fine bangle bracelets are usually made up of precious metals such as platinum, silver, or gold, in combination with valuable stones of premium quality. These fine bracelets can cost you 10 times more than the fashion varieties made up of different materials. Many bangles come with a fixed circumference, while many have an adjustable one.
- Gold: Are evergreen favorites having a changeless appeal, elegant look, and pure sophistication. Available in different patterns and widths, these pieces contain alloys added to pure gold for facilitating elaborate detailing, as pure gold is very soft. While pure gold is 24K, these bracelets have 14k, 18k, or 22k gold.
- Gold-plated: Are ideal for casual occasions wherein a chic look without a conventional feel is required. Available in different widths and sizes, they are usually used in stacks and are often mixed and matched with other designs. They look authentic and expensive but are quite affordable, as they contain only some grams of gold.
- Sterling Silver: Are chosen as an alternative to fine silver pieces that become black with time. These bangle bracelets feature high-quality shiny silver with a chic look delivered when put on alone or in combination with other bangles. These pieces retain the luster for years.
- Plastic: Are unbreakable and ideal for daily wear, especially 24×7. Many of them feature Lucite or Bakelite material and are seen in vintage jewelry stores. The modern ones are built using only plastic materials and are fine for small kids and women allergic to metals.
- Metal-Alloy: Are ideal for those who need a light, tinkling sound. The bangle bracelets with metallic alloys are decorated with small mirrors or filigree in gold as well as being coated with paint. Many of them are single bands having some elaborate patterns.
- Wood: Are lightweight and painted in bright colors with a smooth finish. Most of them are decorated with stone or carved work. These bangle bracelets are versatile, as you can wear them with any attire.
- Gemstone: Are crafted to reflect an aura of charming elegance and suit traditional or classy dresses perfectly. Topaz, amethyst, sapphire, ruby, and emerald are some popular gemstones, as they can bear different shades and tones.
- Beaded: Are versatile enough to be worn on several outfit styles, daily. The bangle bracelets can have beads of different sizes, materials, and shapes. Hand-blown glass is used for making glass beads found in artisan bracelets. As compared to plastic beads, glass beads last longer, as the former is bound to crack apart. Many bracelets also contain small-sized seeds as beads.
- Specialty Vintage or Antique: Are ideal for those who love classic appearance and elegance. Most of them feature bakelite, ceramic, lucite, wood, beads, and non-precious metals. However, just keep an eye on wear and tear signs. You can choose from a variety of regional, tribal, and ethnic options but are more expensive than that normal fashion builds. Ensure that you are getting an authentic bangle. As a tip, look for a handcrafted bangle design for a unique look, as experts use the novel or recycled material to make this jewelry.
- Pearl Bracelets: Are quite beautiful and charming and have a boundless appeal. They deliver a touch of elegance to any attire. You can choose from different pearl types namely:
- Cultured Pearl (off a round, dull luster, natural or white color, and 3 to 6 mm size)
- Cultured Akoya (off a round, medium luster, natural or white color, and 6 to 10 mm size)
- Cultured Tahitian (round, good luster, different colors, and 8 to 16 mm size)
- Conch Pearls (rarely round, porcelain type shine, created in water of Caribbean, orange or pale cream, and 2 to 3 mm size)
- Leather Bracelets: Are becoming more famous than metal alternatives. You can find them in a variety of range, right from stone-studded to handcrafted strands or cuffs. They are affordable and ideal for allergic people.
- Charm Bracelets: Are commonly for little girls. However, even adults have them as part of their must-have jewelry collection. Such styles begin with a simple chain to which charms are added, as per your choice. Each of these charms can have a sentimental value.
- Tennis Bracelets: Are usually elastic bands or loose-fitting chains containing stones. They are named so after the renowned Chris Evert Lloyd, a tennis icon who had worn such a piece on different outfits, thus making the type popular. Diamond tennis bracelets are most popular but can cost you thousands of dollars.
- Multi-strand Bracelets: Are comprised of several strands and come with a single clasp. One such bracelet gives the look of wearing a pile of bangle bracelets. These bracelets usually have colorful beads, freshwater pearls, wood beads, hemp, or gold beads.
- Cuff Bracelets: Are perhaps the most ancient ones whose origin dates back to the Incan and Mayan eras. Signifying royalty, these bracelets are broader than the standard designs and are typically worn on the forearm apart from the wrist. While ancient cuff bracelets were made using metals, the modern ones are made using a variety of materials for rendering diverse styles, such as plastic, silver, gold, or ceramic. There are four different types of cuff bracelets namely,
- Tribal: Include an array of cuffs that feature a mix of materials but have tribal or natural motifs. These bracelets are made using semi-precious stones such as coral and jade as well as materials such as leather. While they appear nice and elegant, they are not over-elaborate.
- Woven Wristband: Include loosely knit or woven pieces. They are usually elastic and allow including imitation jewels such as hematite. Youngsters tend to love such designs.
- Costume Jewelry: Include pieces for daily wear without anything precious on them. These bracelets are usually made using metals such as stainless steel, copper, or alloys like bronze or brass. Most of them have glass paste gems, semi-precious stones, cubic zirconia, and rhinestones.
- Noble Metal: Are fine bracelets made using precious metals or stones such as 22k gold, platinum, diamonds, topaz, turquoise, rubies, or silver, for delivering a shimmering surface.
Our Top 10 Bracelets
Here is our pick of top 10 bracelets along with their reviews.
- 14K Alex and Ani Initial Expandable Wire Bangle Bracelet: Fully expandable to fit on any wrist size, customizable to accept more beads, and features recycled and gold (tone) material with Rafaelian Silver or Golden finish and an initial from A to Z
- Monday noon Deal of Love “Elegant Lady” Half Leather Rope Bangle Bracelet: Shining Australia imported Swarovski crystal with gold or silver plated alloy and black rope to suit small wrists but on any outfit
- Sterling Silver Filigree Cuff Bracelet: Polished sterling silver with openwork vine pattern and pretty filigree work, perfectly suitable for small wrists
- Sterling Silver “Lord’s Prayer” Bangle Bracelet: A great gift for anyone who loves spiritual quotes or prayers
- PANDORA Sterling Bracelet with Lobster Claw Clasp: A Perfect charm bracelet with sterling silver and for big wrists
- Sterling Silver “I Love You to the Moon and Back” Cuff Bracelet: Slender piece engraved with a sentimental title and sterling silver, suitable for teenagers’ arms
- Sterling Silver 060-Gauge Diamond-Cut Rope Chain Link Bracelet: Fitting on several wrist sizes with great shine
- Sterling Silver Round Cut Cubic Zirconia Tennis Bracelet: Authentic tennis bracelet for those who need a BIG and BOLD piece
- Ridged Sterling Silver West Indian Bangle Bracelets: Made in the USA and available in any size with etched carvings
- At the Beach Silver Tone Metal and Glass Bead Charm Bracelet: Lovely charm or beaded bracelet as a costume jewelry suitable on lady regardless of age
After going through the aforementioned factors including the wrist size, skin tone type, and bracelet type, we hope that you are confident enough now to choose the right bracelet either for yourself or as a gift. If not, click here for reviews of other bracelets to make an instant choice now!
I adore this bangle bracelet. It’s rare and beautiful. It looks very elegant. The bangle bracelet is adjustable, and it fits great, and I’m so happy with it! It can be stacked with other bracelets or even a watch.