European charm bracelets are becoming increasingly popular worldwide. Although they are called charm bracelets, they are different than the gold or sterling silver charm bracelet that we traditionally see: these are really modular bracelets made up of different beads threaded onto either a gold, silver or leather rope bracelet or anklet. There are many different brands of beads on the market such as Biagi beads, Pandora, Trollbeads, and Chamilia to name just a few.
Carlo Biagi jewelry is just one company that sells the products to create a truly unique piece of jewelry, whether that is a bracelet, anklet or necklace. The wearer can create a piece that reflects her individual style and character by choosing from the huge inventory of beads the company has to offer.
Just like traditional “dangly” charms, there are beads that represent special occasions such as graduation, wedding, birthday or to celebrate a birth, together with others depicting hobbies, vocations, love, and anything else you can think of. But, unlike traditional charms bracelets that don’t tend to have a lot of brightly colored charms, there are lots of brightly colored Murano glass beads and Swarovski crystal beads to choose from to add an extra dimension to the bracelet.
Another feature of Biagi beads is the introduction of what they call charm carriers. These are beads with a hoop that allows you to attach a traditional dangly charm with a lobster claw to your European bracelet. The company sells a selection of these charms so you can have a truly authentic Biagi bead bracelet or you can choose charms from other sources as long as they have a lobster claw clasp to fasten them to the charm carrier.
But Biagi jewelry was not the originator of the European charm bracelet. Trollbeads were the first to create these bead bracelets and the name came from the fact that the original ones resembled troll faces (trolls feature a lot in Scandinavian folklore).
Their beads are handcrafted and depict such diverse subjects as mythology, nature, fairy tales and love. They too use precious metals, gemstones, pearls glass and crystals in their designs.
Other popular brands of European charm bracelets are Pandora and Chamilia. Like Biagi and Trollbeads they also offer a huge range of different beads to choose from whether they are for a young girl, a teen, a Mom or a Grandma.
Like traditional jewelry such as a gold or sterling silver charm bracelet, these can be built up over time making them an ideal gift as friends and family can add to them over time. If you choose one of the designer brands, the basic bracelet and charms will carry the name of the company on it so you know that what you are getting is authentic. But you don’t have to stick with beads from one specific designer to create a bracelet as most of them will fit each other’s, making them truly flexible.
As with other designer products, buying the real thing can be beyond some people’s budget. If this is the case but you really like these bracelets then don’t worry as there are lots of less expensive versions available and most of the beads are compatible with the more expensive versions. This also means that you can mix and match designer and nondesigner beads depending on your budget and choice of charms.
The wearing of charms has been around for centuries and the fashion for charm bracelets has never really fully faded away since Queen Victoria popularized them in the 1800s. As with lots of jewelry trends, the styles have changed over time, hence the growing popularity of the European and Italian charm bracelets over the last few years. With the increasing number of charm designs around and the fact that a charm bracelet is such a customizable piece of jewelry, I think that this is, like heart jewelry, one item of jewelry that will never fully go out of fashion.
The Bold and the Beautiful: Biagi Beads
If you are looking for some beautiful jewelry to add to your collection, you should check out Biagi beads, which are a relatively new line of beads from the Carlo Biagi Bead Collection. Biagi beads are meant to be used on the bead charm bracelets and are similar to Pandora charm bracelets.
These charm bracelet beads are designed to allow the user to build their own custom charm bracelet. There is a base bracelet that is a rope style chain, and the beads twist on and off of the base bracelet. Now that you know what Biagi beads are and what they are used for let’s talk about the reasons you should buy Biagi beads.
- They Are Stylish – Biagi beads and bracelets feature an innovative contemporary Italian design. Their sleek and stylish design has made them one of the most popular and most coveted pieces of jewelry in the world.
- They Are Easy – Biagi beads are very easy to add to your Italian charm bracelet. The beads screw on to the bracelet making it easy to move or replace beads on your bracelet. The modular screw-on design is much easier to use than the modular link base bracelets.
- They Are Secure – The bracelets feature a security clasp with two snaps. After hearing the first snap, squeeze the clasp a second time and listen for another snap. If you hear both snaps, you know that the bracelet is securely closed, giving you the peace of mind that your bracelet will not fall off.
- They Are Versatile – Biagi beads can be used for not only Biagi charm bracelets but also for the popular Pandora bracelets. There are also many different styles of bracelets and beads to choose from. The collection features over 925 pieces, guaranteeing that you will be able to find the beads that are perfect for you.
- They Are Durable – Biagi beads and the bracelets are made from high-quality sterling silver. The bracelets also come with a quality guarantee from the manufacturer. You will never have to worry about your bracelet wearing out.
If you have decided that you want to go out and buy some of these darling charm beads for yourself, make sure that you are buying genuine Biagi beads. You can find them on the Biagi beads official site. You can also find a Biagi beads store locator there as well.