17 Unique Opal Engagement Rings Review
Opals are the next most sought-after gemstones for engagement rings, next to diamonds of course. If you are thinking to get an opal engagement ring for your loved one, do give these stunning opal engagement rings a look.
This petite and gorgeous ring has an exquisite opal at the center and tiny diamonds all around. The tasteful ring will surely delight your loved one for its intricate beauty.
- It has an elegant design and is comfortable to wear with two-toned 10K gold with a 10K stamp.
- The ring is available from size 5 to 13.
- The opal has a rainbow-like luminosity that changes with the angle it’s viewed at.
- The total gem weight is 0.60 carats.
- The number of stones it includes is 21.
- The stone shape is oval cabochon.
- The stone dimensions are 9 mm L x 7 mm W.
- The stone shape of the diamonds is a round single cut and the total weight is 0.10 carats.
- Neither stone is created in the lab.
- This modern and mesmerizing ring comes in a branded packaging with a variety of gorgeous boxes to choose from.
This beautiful ring from the Gem Stone King is the perfect engagement ring or ‘thinking of you’ ring for your significant other. With a large opal in the center and the cubic zirconia on the sides, its elegant design will surely win their heart.
- The band of the ring is rose gold-plated silver.
- The gems used are opal and cubic zirconia, giving it an exquisite look.
- The total gem weight is 1.56 carats, making it comfortable enough to wear.
- The stone shape is round cabochon.
- The stone used has been simulated.
- The opal measures 6 mm in length and width.
- The cubic zirconia is shaped round, measuring 2.75 millimeters in length and width.
- Neither of the stones has been treated.
- The opal sources are Brazil, Czechoslovakia, Southern Australia, and Nevada.
- The ring comes in a ready-to-gift branded packaging.
This white simulated opal ring from Gem Stone King is pure perfection. The beautiful and ethereal design of the ring makes it the ideal engagement ring.
- The ring features a white opal surrounded by tiny diamonds all around.
- The metal used is white gold, weighing 1.07 grams.
- The gem weighs 0.97 carats, making it extremely comfortable to wear every day.
- The opal is shaped like a round cabochon, measuring 6 millimeters in length and width.
- The diamonds weigh 0.22 carats in total.
- The opal featured in the ring is simulated.
- Neither of the stones has been treated.
- The ring comes in an enticing packaging and is ready to gift.
This engagement ring has a sparkling opal with diamonds and has been hand-crafted in pure sterling silver. The attractive design is surely a heart-winner.
- The ring features synthetic opal attached to a twisted shank adorned with synthetic diamonds.
- It has been hand-crafted in a .925 pure sterling silver.
- The metal weighs 3.01 grams and is designed to withstand tarnish and rust.
- The total gem weight is 0.7 carats and measures 9 mm in width and 0.75 inches in length.
- The total number of stones used is 31.
- The opal has been created synthetically and is shaped oval.
- The minimum color is I-J with a clarity of 13.
- The total carat weight of the diamonds is 0.1 carats.
- The synthetic opal and diamonds have been heat treated.
- The ring is available in size 7.
This splendid vintage design by Gin and Grace is the ultimate engagement or wedding ring. Featuring oval-cut gemstones with white diamonds, this ring is a must-have.
- It features 14K yellow gold metal and an Australian oval-cut opal measuring 6 mm W x 8 mm L.
- The band is 2 mm wide.
- The four white diamonds are cut round and add exquisiteness to the ring.
- The diamond measures 1 mm.
- The dimensions for the ring are 19 mm W x 25 mm L.
- This dazzling ring is available in 6, 7 and 8 sizes.
- The ring can be cleaned using mild soap and soft brush in warm water. Try avoiding contact with chlorine or other harmful chemicals in order to keep it scratch-free and shining.
The subtle yet splendid design will surely wow your loved one. It is perfect if your significant other does not like to show off yet want an exquisite ring.
- The ring features a beautiful white multi-colored opal in a 2.2 mm band.
- The 14K yellow gold metal accentuates the opal while measuring 1.20 grams.
- The oval-shaped opal measures 8 mm in height and 6 mm in width.
- The opal has been created in the lab using the simulated method.
- It has been heat treated.
- The ring has been manufactured in the USA.
- A free jewelry gift box comes along with the ring.
This dainty yet strikingly beautiful ring is the way to solidify your place in your significant other’s heart. This classic and elegant design is the perfect engagement ring while staying in budget.
- The premium ring features opal with white diamonds on a 14K white gold metal band.
- The oval white Ethiopian opal measures 10 mm in length and 8 mm in width.
- The round single-cut diamonds measure 1 mm x 1 mm.
- The total weight of the diamond is 0.04 carats.
- The minimum color is I-J.
- Both the opal and diamond have not been treated.
- The Ethiopian opal and white diamond are natural.
- The ring is available in sizes 5-9.
- It comes in beautiful packaging options from foam insert packing to cheery wood box with leather inserts.
This stunning genuine opal ring has been made from real sterling silver and is available in a variety of sizes. Featuring a deluxe gift box, this splendid ring is a must-buy. It would be a plus if your loved one’s birthday comes in October.
- This striking ring features a beautiful opal, which measures 8 x 6 mm.
- The metal band is a pure .925 sterling.
- The setting is a solitaire.
- The oval-shaped opal weighs 0.75 carats.
- The ring comes with a resizable option.
- The opal has been naturally created and does not use any treatment method.
- This beautiful ring with its intricate design has been made in England.
- It comes in sizes 4 to 12.
This is another beautiful ring from Gem Stone King that features a white simulated opal and pure .925 sterling silver band, which will captivate your loved one’s heart. The ring has been designed to deliver elegance and comfort while accentuating the fingers.
- The classic ring features simulated opal placed in the center with white topaz stones on the sides.
- The metal band is a pure .925 sterling silver, which is convenient enough to wear every day.
- The oval cabochon opal measures 7 millimeters in length and 5 millimeters in width.
- The stone has been created using the simulated method.
- The 11 topaz stones cut round measure 1.8 mm in length and width.
- It has been created naturally.
- Neither of the gems has undergone any treatment.
- The ring comes in aesthetic ready-to-gift packaging options.
- The ring is available in sizes 5 to 9.
This opal ring from Peora is a sheer stunner. The elegant yet classically beautiful design makes for a simple engagement ring that is bound to excite anyone who sees it.
- The ring features a beautiful synthetic opal with round-cut cubic zirconia.
- The metal band is a .925 sterling silver with rhodium finish, weighing 2.80 grams.
- The round opal in white has been created in the lab and measures 7 mm L x 3.5 mm H x 7 mm W.
- The white cubic zirconia has also been synthetically created.
- Both the opal and cubic zirconia have been heat treated.
- The ring comes in a beautiful ready-to-gift packaging.
- It comes with a 30-day return and exchange policy.
- Available in sizes 5-9.
With a simple yet classic design with a genuine opal and white diamonds, this beautiful ring from the Amazon Collection exudes elegance.
- This delicate ring features a 14K yellow gold band with one round opal surrounded by white diamonds.
- The opal is iridescent and weighs 0.45 carats.
- It has been naturally created.
- The white diamonds weigh 0.1 carats and have a minimum clarity of 12-13. They have also been created naturally.
- The number of small stones on the ring is 34.
- Neither of the gems has been treated.
- The ring is available in a size 7.
The premium ring is for those who are on a budget and want a dazzling engagement ring. It surely gives a style statement with its sleek and elegant design.
- This beautiful ring by Gem Stone King features a stunning green simulated opal on a 14K yellow gold band.
- The simulated green opal measures 6 millimeters in length and width.
- It has been created using the simulated method in a round cabochon.
- The minimum clarity is AAA.
- The stone weighs 0.75 carats, which is perfectly comfortable enough to wear every day.
- The ring is available in sizes 5-9.
- It comes with a money-back guarantee.
- The ring comes packed in an elegant jewelry box and is ready to gift.
This ring features a beautiful heart-shaped opal with diamonds. It will surely delight your loved one for its splendid design.
- The ethereal ring features a 14K yellow gold band with a 14K stamp and a simulated heart-shaped opal in the center with 100 percent original diamonds.
- The minimum color offered for both the opal and diamond is I-J.
- The diamonds featured in the ring are natural and weigh 0.007 carats.
- Neither of the stones has been heat treated.
- It is available in sizes 4-9.
- It comes with a beautiful ring box.
This meticulous ring has been made in England and features a genuine opal. This engagement ring is a must-buy if you want to impress that special someone.
- This splendid ring features an opal in the center and two freshwater cultured pearls set in a sterling silver setting.
- The fiery opal measures 6 millimeters in length and 4 millimeters in width.
- The cream-colored pearls are slightly blemished and measure 4 mm each with a medium luster.
- The band is a .925 sterling silver and is able to withstand tarnish and rusts.
- The ring is available in sizes 4-12.
- The ring comes in a premium presentation box and is ready to gift.
- The band has a polished finish and bears a marking on the inside to indicate it has been made from pure sterling silver.
This beautiful ring from the Amazon Collection features an Ethiopian opal and diamonds. It has a striking design and is perfect as an engagement ring.
- The ring features an oval Ethiopian opal with natural diamonds on a .925 sterling shank.
- The ring opal has a minimum clarity of 12-13 with a minimum color is I-J. It has been created naturally.
- The diamonds are cut round and are natural.
- The total weight of the diamonds is 0.05 carats.
- The diamonds also have a minimum clarity of 12-13.
- Both the opal and diamond have not undergone any stone treatment.
- The ring is available in a size 7.
- It comes in a beautiful deluxe packing.
This unique design from the Gem Stone King features a centered opal and two black diamonds on the side. This style sure is a stunner.
- The beautiful ring features a centered opal with round cabochon two black diamonds and 10K white gold shank.
- The opal has been created using the simulated method.
It measures 6 millimeters in length and width.
- The minimum clarity for the opal is AAA.
- The round diamonds are black in color.
- They have been naturally created and weigh 0.13 carats.
- The diamonds measure 2.5 millimeters in length and width.
- They have been subjected to the irradiated stone treatment method.
- The ring is available in sizes 5-9.
This beautiful ring by Allurez features an antique design, which is an instant crowd-pleaser.
- The ring features an oval-shaped white opal with white diamonds on a 14K white gold shank.
- The opal and diamond have been naturally created.
- The minimum clarity for both is SI.
- The minimum gem weight is 0.55 carats.
- It is available in sizes 3-10.5.
Factors to Consider When Buying
Opal comes in a variety of sizes and colors, so choosing one can be a difficult decision to make. Here are a few things to consider when buying an opal engagement ring for your loved one.
One of the most important factors to consider when making a purchase is the color. It tells you a lot about the opal’s value. The more colors visible, the more valuable it is. Colors such as orange, red, and pink are rare. Therefore, the more an opal depicts these colors, the more valuable it is.
An opal’s clarity is measured in terms of the color’s tone, saturation, and hue. For instance, a bright blue tone is much more valuable than a greenish or light blue tint. Pure red is highly popular in an opal.
The opal’s fire or color play is measured on a 1 to 5 scale. Level 1 indicates a faint play of color and only when it is under direct sunlight. Level 2 is dull, which displays some color in low light but remains dull in indirect sunlight. Level 3 is bright and displays a good amount of color in low light while a nice visible fire in indirect sunlight. Level 4 is very bright with good colors in low light and crisp colors in indirect sunlight. The final level 5 is brilliant and displays crisp, bright colors under all types of lighting.
The coverage means the surface dimensions which display the play of color. The less area covered, the less valuable the opal. In order to obtain maximum value, the play of colors needs to be in the center. Off-centered or side display of colors means the opal is less valuable.
Clarity or Imperfections
Inclusions in opal can include healed fractures, webbing, chips, sands, or sandstones present between the fractures and area of color. Opals are delicate and can, thus, get highly reduced in value due to fractures or sand visible through the layers. Opals that are cracked do not make good jewelry stones.
An ideal cut for an opal would be even proportions with a high dome. However, very few opals allow this shape. The polish of the opal should also be good for higher grades. The value of an opal decreases when it’s extremely thin or extremely thick. What further results in the value reduction of an opal is an uneven cut. As in the case of all cabochons, opals need to be symmetrical when they are viewed from the ends or sides. If the symmetry is uneven, the cut grade will be lower. However, symmetry has no effect on the opal carving’s value. In the case of carved stones, their overall carving is what affects their value.
Even though the size of the stone does have an effect on the value, large opals do not come at a higher price than the mid-sized ones. The higher value is for gems measuring between 5 and 10 carats.
Tips for Keeping Your Opal Ring Clean
- You can keep your solid opal ring shinier and clean by using a mild soap and soft cloth in warm water. This should easily clean the grime or dirt accumulated on it. Just add some mild soap into warm water and make a foamy solution. After that, you can submerge your ring in the water for just a few seconds and use a soft cloth or soft brush to work on the grooves and crevices. Once done, you can wipe it off using a lint-free cloth. Do not use this method on doublet or triplets as it can affect the glue, causing the parts to separate.
- The shine or luster of your opal ring can go dull with time. You can get the opal polished professionally to restore it back to its smoothness.
- To clean a doublet or triplet, simply use a mild detergent with a damp, soft cloth and wipe it clean. Keep in mind, though, not to immerse or soak your ring in the detergent or water as that can cause damage to it.
- Keep your opal ring in a padded cloth bag if you want to store it for a short period of time. However, for longer time periods, pour a few drops of water on cotton wool, keep your ring in it and then keep the cotton wool in a sealed plastic bag.