Sterling Silver and 14k Gold Cross Pendant 18″ Necklace with Gemstone Review
Are you looking for a religious gold necklace that can simply make you look simple yet noticeable without being gaudy? Well, then among the different such gold necklaces for women, the mix of sterling silver, gold, diamonds, and selectable gemstone can be the most versatile option. This is exactly what this 14k gold cross necklace is made for!
Packed in a deluxe medium box and holding a spring ring clasp, this gold necklace is fashionable and bears a yellow gold heart overlay around the diamond cross with a valuable gemstone in the middle. The necklace measures 1.35″h x 0.7″w x 18″l with the metallic weight of 4.43g, gem weight of 0.218 carats, and diamond weight of 0.038 carats. Here are the salient features of this necklace:
- 14k Yellow Gold in Pendant: This is a durable and a valuable metal. Because pure gold measuring 24 karats is very soft, it is mixed with other metals such as copper, zinc, silver, and nickel for improving its durability and strength. Weighing 0.27g in the pendant, 14k means consists of 58.3% (14 parts of 24) pure gold, while the rest is composed of four aforementioned metals.
- Natural, Heat-treated Stone: The stone is in the form of a heart that represents love in the mid of cross by sitting inside the heart-shaped gold layer. Similar to the pear shape, the heart-shaped stone differs in terms of a cleft forming the lobes. Such complexity demands skilled cutting, which is well done for this pendant and is reflected via good brilliance. Further, the natural properties of the gemstone add to the beauty, while the heat treatment given to it improves durability as well as appearance.
- .925 Purity of Sterling Silver: Featuring a mix of pure silver and copper, sterling silver in both the chain and pendant has 92.5% silver, while the rest is copper. This is the maximum rating one can get without losing its sparkle.
- 8 White Conflict-free Diamonds with Less blemishes and Good Polish: These diamonds with good polish come with few irrelevant blemishes on the surfaces that are invisible with a naked eye. Similarly, the diamonds use this necklace has a good cut for ensuring a balance between carat weight and cut to reflect most light and offer excellent value for the price. Talking about the color, it is I-J, which means they are next to being colorless although the J rating indicates some tint and more affordable cost than those with high color grades. However, the round precise cut ensures optimal brilliance, maximum sparkle, and most classic shape; rendering one of the appealing diamond necklace designs for women.
- Well designed cross with long-lasting shine
- Expensive look by gold although not that costly
- Variety of gemstone choice
- Noticeable design but not gaudy
- Ideal pendant size
- Precise cutting
- Fragile chain
- Minimum diamond clarity
Customer Reviews and Ratings
At the time of writing this review, I found 119 reviews all of which together made up for an average of 4.6 stars out of 5. Almost 76% reviews have given 5 stars to this cross necklace. Here is what the customers are saying:
Southern Cookie “SC”: This a beautiful pendant. It is a good size, visible without being gaudy. The diamonds sparkle. Add that to a clean stone that is cut very nicely ( it really sparkles ), you have a very fine looking piece of jewelry. The gold accent makes it more versatile.
CarolynLan: Love this cross pendant! The aquamarine stone is rather light but works well for me! The size is fine – nice for a cross.
Daniela: This is a very nice pendant, however the chain it comes on is very weak.
Go for this cross necklace if you wish to make your day in a religious event without being much flashy.
Sterling Silver and 14k Gold Cross Pendant Necklace with Gemstone, 18″