Cheap costume jewelry is about having great looking adornments without high prices be it cheap body or costume jewelry that will be a gift or set of fashion jewelry for you to look professional at the office, or cheap gold that allows you to have a little of the real thing for less money. Cheap wedding rings have become very popular also because many couples would prefer to spend their money living and doing things with their money than spending it on a set of rings.
Others are using it as a business and seek cheap wholesale outlets to buy and then resell at a small markup. Often it online that is most affordable and readily available from large manufacturers in China and therefore the styles and varieties may be similar from a distributor to distributor and therefore also similar at the retail level.
The Problem with Costume Jewelry from Hong Kong to Berlin
In the past two years, I have had the good fortune to be in several Asian cities and the major European cities within a short time span between visits. Since I love jewelry, but can’t afford too many genuine gems or precious metals, I often have popped into the costume jewelry shops in these diverse places around the world that have cheap silver treasures and a large selection of earrings and bracelets (which I totally can’t live without) and cheap bridal jewelry (because these pieces can double as cocktail jewelry), and I like to see what’s new in cheap sterling silver and other metals like titanium, iron, stainless steel, and even gold plated or silver plated creations that are unusual in design.
The problem I have found over and over again is that while I am in Beijing or Hong Kong I see an overabundance of rings or earrings or bracelet plastered all over the walls of some shop…. and I search and scour and find a piece or two I like. Great! Then I am in Paris or Amsterdam or Madrid or even Berlin or Warsaw and I do the same thing in shops with hundreds or thousands of cheap costume jewelry pieces… and I imagine I will find a typical or unusual cheap design from that region.
But after a short time I find the exact same set of earrings or bracelets that I had bought in Hong Kong…. and then I realize that everyone from Hong Kong to Berlin has all the same stuff just prepackaged in different languages, bought through the same manufacturers and priced almost the same even on different continents. And that is the basic problem with cheap costume jewelry!
- How can you find unique cheap jewelry without it being either so expensive or so ‘the same’ as what all the ladies are wearing from Asia to Europe and probably in Africa and Latin America as well?
- How do you select a shop or an online distributor that will offer a selection of costume jewelry or cheap fashion jewelry that will really be personal and not just junk to clutter your jewelry box?
- How can you find gifts that will make your friends know you put thought and attention into the selection instead of just picking out the easiest and cheapest jewelry that everyone else has too?
A few tricks to shopping for cheap jewelry
- First, avoid the major department stores and airports, especially duty-free and stores that are international chains. These stores will almost certainly carry the exact same products from London to Delhi.
- There are custom jewelers who specialize in cheap costume jewelry creations but often only make a few copies of each design. These are small independent jewelers who advertise online and make a living by creating wonderful and inexpensive costume jewelry rings and earrings and bracelets and even cheap body jewelry, and often they do so from home. Sometimes there are street jewelers from around the world that have a few of their pieces online and will ship to you wherever you may be.
- A lot of the best cheap fashion jewelry is made by individual artisans and is of remarkable high quality because they will often use sterling silver orbits of gold and even real quarts or low-grade gemstones or glass and crystal. Although they may sell primarily in markets or on the street or through local contacts, there are websites specifically for artisans that are part of online associations that help to market their unique products.
Where to find the Good Cheap Jewelry
- Small tattoo artists and piercing experts often search for unique products for their clients. Many tattoo shops also double as costume jewelry shops and have unique creations from local artists. They also take the time to find small and unusual Asian distributors to be able to offer designs that are different from what’s available in department stores since tattoo clients are often searching for trendy or none commercial pieces to match their individuality.
- Often hair salons and beauty parlors and aesthetic salons or clinics have a small cabinet or selection of handcrafted cheap costume jewelry. It is often well worth spending some time looking through little plastic bags the owners may have behind the counter to find one or two highly original designs that are anything but cheap in quality.
- Costume and fashion jewelry and accessories need not come from manufacturers or large distribution houses or fancy shops at your local mall. Consider the alternatives and choose gifts or cheap gold or silver jewelry or even cheap wedding jewelry online or at a market or on the street or at your local hair salon. You may be pleasantly surprised to find the quality of your cheapest costume jewelry exceeds that of expensive pieces.
Cheer Up a Tired Wardrobe with Inexpensive Jewelry
Cheap Jewelry isn’t an investment, and it’s not meant to last forever, but it may be just the thing to cheer up a tired wardrobe or modernize your look. For just a few dollars you can refresh a cocktail dress or add a new twist to an office suite or bring life back to your casual or beach attire without buying new clothes.
By simply adding a few carefully chosen accessories; a set of stacking bracelets, some chandelier earrings, a few strands of beads, a cocktail ring or even some hair accessories, you could add life to what you already have for a very affordable price.
Funky Cheap Jewelry That’s Travel-Friendly
If you’re planning a year-end holiday, or a vacation at any time of year, which might include international travel, perhaps a cruise or even a local escape, consider taking along some funky cheap jewelry that’s travel-friendly and comfortable but won’t be so expensive you’ll worry about losing it. Consider some chunky bracelets or earrings for the beach; if you have piercings, consider a dangle belly ring, and if not, then try a toe ring.
If you’re going to be skiing, consider some simple bright colored studs or CZ earrings or a CZ tennis bracelet that won’t get in the way of being active but will give you a little sparkle in the snow. If you’re going to be swimming and doing outdoor sports, consider a set of bangles or a titanium ring with CZ gemstones because it’s jewelry that won’t get bent or damaged easily. If you have cocktail parties to attend, add some glam with a cocktail ring, maybe a celebrity inspired yellow or pink ring and matching bracelets, or a set of freshwater pearls with CZ accents to spice up your little black evening dress.
A Head Start on Christmas Gifts
And while you’re updating your own look, you may want to get a head start on picking up some cheap costume jewelry for Christmas gifts. For girls and young ladies who may be on your list, jewelry is always a sure winner, and this season you can find some really cute cheap jewelry items online that will make their eyes twinkle, like the popular pink heart ring designs or the famous charm bracelets that many girls are collecting, such as Juicy Couture or the Pandora charm bracelets. You don’t have to buy the whole bracelet, just one bead or one simple charm will suffice if they already have the starter bracelet. Or how about some animal jewelry, or some fun holiday jewelry, like a little Swarovski crystal pendant or charm?
And what about the men in your life? Jewelry is also a safe gift idea for men and it need not be expensive to be classy and tasteful. Consider a money clip, a tie pin, a set of cufflinks, a titanium or tungsten ring or even a stainless steel bracelet or watch. There are costume jewelry options for every budget and lots between $20 and $50.
Time Saving Jewelry Shopping Tips
Here you are in the great sea of jewelry that’s offered online and, although you’d love to add a little sparkle to your wardrobe and buy a few gifts, it seems a chore to wade through all the offers and get the best for less. How to buy cheap jewelry online is not just about knowing how to turn on a computer and surf the internet, because to actually get the fun bling or cheap jewelry accessories that work for YOU requires time and effort.
So here is some time-saving suggestions on how to buy cheap jewelry online, with a few recommended cheap jewelry supply outlets where you can buy cheap designer jewelry and even cheap celebrity jewelry that you will be able to use over and over again. Cheap Jewelry Online has gathered together some of the best places to buy discounted or cheap gold jewelry and cheap bridal jewelry, even rings for him and her, but now, we have added some select suggestions for cheap jewelry stores and cheap wholesale jewelry shops for buying all the fun fashion and costume jewelry you’ll need.
Jewelry for Cheap
Cheap jewelry rings and necklaces would be easy to choose if all the best jewelry for cheap were in one place with the top brand name and designer labels that offer cheap fine jewelry listed alphabetically. So we’ve researched fashion and costume jewelry and also added a few places where you can buy cheap white gold jewelry and even cheap titanium retailers for a few selections you may not have thought were in your budget. You will notice that not all the cheap jewelry store findings we have selected are on other jewelry directories, and that’s because we like to uncover small outlets and designers from around the world that have unusual earrings, necklaces or rings that fashion jewelry shops and department stores don’t offer.
We have found that there are great bargains offered by independent shops and designers who may work from their small studios and use the internet as their only retail or wholesale outlet. To find these little known designer jewelry marvels takes time and that’s why we hope the jewelry reviews we offer for women’s and men’s jewelry, handmade jewelry, and even select vintage jewelry pieces will help to save you some time while you search for the costume jewelry and even the gold jewelry suppliers who have what you most desire.