9 Interesting Facts About Tanzanite You Haven’t Heard Of
- Tanzanite is the blue to violet to a purple variety of the mineral zoisite.
- Tanzanite was first discovered in 1967 in Tanzania, East Africa.
- It is mined commercially only in one area of the world: The Merelani Hills of Tanzania, which is where it gets its name.
- Legend says that it was Masai Castle herders that first noticed this stone some 30 years ago after a fire caused by lightning burned areas in Tanzania. The herders noticed that brown zoisite crystals had turned a deep blue-purple due to the heat from the fire.
- In 2002, the American Gem Trade Association chose Tanzanite as a December Birthstone, the first change to their birthstone list since 1912.
- The World’s largest rough Tanzanite was a 16,839 carat stone mined by Tanzanite one in 2005.
- “L’Heure Bleu” is a 725-carat Tanzanite by Naomi Sarna of Naomi Sarna Designs. It’s the World’s largest carved Tanzanite. Amazing color and 725 carats!
- Tanzanite is usually a reddish brown in its rough state, requiring artificial heat treatment to bring out the blue violet of the stone.
- A deep saturated blue is the most valuable color of Tanzanite. Paler tones are more affordable.
Tanzanite earrings, Exotic Beauty
Tanzanite is a blue or purple variety of a rare mineral discovered in Tanzania, Zoisite. Tanzanite is a chameleon in jewelry, available in sapphire blue, purple and burgundy tone! Thanks to these rare features, you will love this exotic gemstone and you spend your savings on having at least one item in your jewelry collection.
As an aquamarine gemstone, the tanzanite is attractive, outstanding, fashionable, fresh, glamorous…and you may add some epithets to describe it the best. The only differences between these gemstones based on natural blue color is the tone (Tanzanite is a combination of blue and purple or brown, unlike the light aquamarine, which tends to approach the pure white color) and the price, tanzanite jewelry can be even exorbitant, reaching the level of 1, 000$ for one item bought.
Tanzanite can be replaced by blue rhinestones in cheaper jewels, but you will lose that exotic, ravishing color of a genuine tanzanite jewel, that’s why we will present you some genuine tanzanite earrings. You will see that, if your tanzanite earrings are smaller in diameter, you can even pay 100$ for it, so you will afford your precious dark blue jewels.
Now, let’s get down to business and start analyzing some models. As usual, we will start with some elegant earrings suitable for a job outfit. Buy with no doubt on their elegant effect the following models:
- 14 K white gold stud with oval tanzanite earrings.
- Tanzanite and diamond lever back earrings in 10 K white gold.
- Triple stone tanzanite stud earrings in 10 K white gold.
- Triangle tanzanite stud earrings in sterling silver.
- Star tanzanite stud earrings in sterling silver.
If you want something new, but still casual, your need will be satisfied with one of the following items:
- Marquise-cut tanzanite stud earrings in sterling silver.
- Triple oval tanzanite stud earrings in white gold.
- Butterfly tanzanite stud earrings in 10 K white gold.
- Butterfly tanzanite earrings
Season your look with some exotic earrings made of tanzanite gemstones, as follows:
- 10 K white gold tanzanite and diamond flower earrings.
- 10 K white gold baroque tanzanite and diamond long dangle earrings.
- 10 K triple tanzanite and diamond triple drop earring.
- Tanzanite dangle earrings
Get ready for the party and wear long, stylish tanzanite earrings:
- Trillion-cut tanzanite lever back earrings in sterling silver.
- Marquise tanzanite and diamond earrings in sterling silver.
- Tanzanite and diamond link earrings in 10 K white gold.
- Tanzanite and diamond flower earrings.
If you are looking for a velvet tanzanite, you should know that the nuance is the most expensive and the most appreciated. You will be admired and envied, if you wear tanzanite and diamond hoop earrings, tanzanite and diamond drop earrings with filigree buttons or massive tanzanite and diamond drop earrings.
Why Having a Tanzanite Necklace Will Make You Feel Special
If you haven’t ever seen a tanzanite necklace in person, you should make it a priority to head to your favorite jewelry retailer right now to take a look at one! I guarantee that wearing a tanzanite necklace will make you feel like you are special.
A tanzanite necklace is gorgeous
Tanzanite is an absolutely gorgeous gemstone, with an out-of-this-world unique color. The beautiful blue stones have a definite purple undertone, and they look different from each angle – sometimes purple-y, sometimes blue, sometimes brownish-yellow to burgundy. In its natural state, most tanzanite has a brownish or reddish-brown color, but after it has been heated to about 600 degrees, those beautiful blue and purple tones shine through, and when you wear your tanzanite necklace, you will only notice those two colors.
Tanzanite is very rare
Tanzanite is actually blue zoisite, a mineral consisting of mostly calcium aluminum silicate. It was first discovered in the hills of northern Tanzania in 1967, in the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro. Tanzania is the only place where this semi-precious gemstone can be found!
Your Tanzanite Necklace – What’s in a Name
Tanzanite necklaces and other tanzanite jewelry were first introduced to the world by Tiffany’s of New York. They are the ones who gave tanzanite its name since the term “blue zoisite” was thought to sound a lot like “blue suicide”. They didn’t want to market anything with a negative connotation to it like that, so their “madmen” marketing people suggested Tanzanite, after the country where it is found.
Careful With That Tanzanite Necklace
A tanzanite diamond necklace will require some special care because tanzanite isn’t a gemstone that can be treated carelessly. Diamonds, of course, can be cleaned in a regular way, with commercial jewelry cleaners and ultrasonic jewelry cleaning machines, but tanzanite should be cleaned by hand, with mild soap and water. Also, acids like vinegar shouldn’t be used on it for cleaning purposes. So go ahead and throw those cubic zirconia rings and diamond stud earrings in the ultrasonic bath, but always use care when cleaning and storing anything with tanzanite incorporated into it.
Why are they so special? A tanzanite necklace is so special not only because it is such a beautiful unique color and because it requires special care. All tanzanite jewelry is special because tanzanite gemstones can be found in only one place in the whole world, and because the most famous jewelry store in the world was the first one to offer them to the public! Now when you put on that gorgeous purple-y blue tanzanite pendant necklace, or even that tanzanite and diamond necklace, won’t you feel just a bit more special yourself?